Courses Specifically Designed for Middle/High School Students
Hermiston ONLINE! uses the Aventa (K¹²) middle and high school curriculum and award-winning Middlebury© foreign language program to serve our students in grades 6–12. The Aventa (K¹²) online middle and high school environment blends the best features of the company’s world-renowned K–5 learning environment—the elegant and research-driven design, the compelling interactivity, the ease of use of both online and offline content—with key features designed to make the high school experience successful, given the far more complex high school world of content, skills, and time management. A typical middle or high school student is assigned up to six rigorous courses per semester in order to ensure a seamless educational progression and complete all requirements necessary for a Hermiston School District diploma.
A Robust Catalog of Courses Meets the Needs of Diverse Learners
The Hermiston ONLINE! middle and high school course catalog is robust, offering more than 140 core, elective, foreign language, and Advanced Placement® (AP®) courses. Aventa (K¹²) Math, Language Arts, Science, and History courses are offered in multiple versions to meet the needs of diverse learners with diverse goals. Up to four levels of World Languages are offered as well. With the help of our one-on-one guidance support system, students work with our coordinators to chart their own course, choosing from among the four levels of courses to match their aptitude and goals.
With the FuelEd high school curriculum, students can harness the power of individualized learning by choosing from the following four versions of Math, English, Science, and History courses:
- Fuel Education Core Courses are similar to the standard courses offered by many other programs. They meet all academic requirements for each course area both for graduation as well as for potential admission into a wide range of colleges.
- Fuel Education Comprehensive Courses are designed for students entering with a strong foundational knowledge and aptitude in the subject area being covered, as well as solid study skills.
- Fuel Education Honors Courses hold students to a greater degree of accountability, and demand even greater independence and self-discipline than their Comprehensive counterparts.
- Aventa Advanced Placement (AP) Coursesare college-level courses that follow curriculum
- specified by the College Board. Like K¹² Honors courses, AP courses require a greater degree of self-discipline for in-depth study of the subject.
For the full list of courses or to download our catalog, view the middle and high school course list.
Note that course availability and course load will be based on the student’s enrollment year, ability, and their individualized college and career pathway.